La Feria de Educación will return to campus on Saturday, Oct. 5, 2019. (Courtesy Fresno State)

Educational fair returns to increase Hispanic student enrollment

The Spanish college information fair known as La Feria de Educación, will be returning to Fresno State from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday Oct. 5, according to a university news release. 

The annual fair is designed primarily to help increase the number of Latino students considering attending college and those graduating. The event is expected to have about 10,000-plus students and their family members in attendance.

Mexican artist, Ezequiel “Cheque” Peña, will be honored at the event. Peña will be recognized as the ambassador of the free, public fair that is presented by Fresno State, the California State University, Spanish-language television network Univision and the Chancellor’s Office among other collaborators.

The college resource fair includes representatives from multiple colleges and universities throughout the state and include workshops on the topics educational paths and financial aid, information on immigration services, guest speakers. There were also be special activities for children such as a visualization booths where students can pose for photos depicting their future careers.

TeamSmile will provide free dental services to as many as 300 children and youth from ages 6 to 18. The Reading Garden will feature local leaders from the community who will read to children. Live entertainment will include student performances by Fresno State’s Los Danzantes de Aztlan.

Feria de Educación is being held at two California State University campuses, Fresno State and Sacramento State on Oct. 12 in an effort to support the CSU’s Graduation Initiative 2025.

For more information, contact Martina Granados at 559-278-5374 or visit feriadeeducacion.gotofresnostate.com