Photo Courtesy of Fresno State
Photo Courtesy of Fresno State

Did someone say puppies? Healthy campus week returns for its third year

Healthy week on campus is back for its third year with yoga classes, walks and puppies.

The series of events are part of the Healthy Campus Initiative launched by Fresno State in April 2017, in an effort to make the campus healthier through physical activity, food and nutrition guidelines. 

The week kicks off on Monday, Sept. 23 and runs through Friday, Sept. 27.

Take some time to de-stress from school or life by visiting the stress-free zone with pet therapy and bubbles from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Monday in front of the Kennel Bookstore.  

Walk along the one-mile Bulldog Trail at the Fruit Walk from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Tuesday for free fruit, a T-shirt and an exercise band. 

Attend the Benefits Fair and Wellness Expo on Wednesday or participate in an outdoor yoga class from 12:15 p.m. to 12:45 p.m. on Thursday outside the Kennel Bookstore. The activity is part of Fresno State’s effort to host the largest physical activity in the nation, according to Fresno State news. Free T-shirts and prizes will be given out.

And at the end of the week, enjoy a healthy meal for $6 on Friday at the Residence Dining Hall. 

Look out for the fruit- and veggie-costumed people and take a picture to enter to win a $100 Target gift card. Just use #HealthyCampus and tag @FSHealthPAWS in your posts.
For more information, visit fresnostate.edu/healthycampus.