The College of Arts and Humanities Music Building. (Marilyn Castaneda/The Collegian)

Concert series welcomes international keyboard artists to campus

The Philip Lorenz International Keyboard Concert Series continues for the fall semester, this time bringing eight piano and organ artists to share their music with Fresno State students, staff and the public, starting on Sunday, Sept. 8 at the music building’s concert hall.

In addition to the lineup of world-class artists, the Young Armenian Talent Series will also have three piano artists performing as part of the Fresno State Armenian studies program in collaboration with the concert series.

“These are people who constantly play the major venues here in this country, in Europe and Asia, and include Fresno on their trips. It’s wonderful,” said professor of piano Andreas Werz.

Starting two weeks in advance of each performance, season and individual tickets may be purchased in the music department office between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on weekdays.

Tickets are $25 for general admission; $18 for seniors and $5 for students. Season tickets will cost $160, $120 and $30, respectively.