ASI plans to upgrade Fresno State app

ASI plans to upgrade Fresno State app

The Fresno State Mobile app recently received a cosmetic update as Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) and technology services plan to further upgrade the app with more integral changes.

For the recent update, ASI conducted a survey of roughly 200 students that asked them to rank the top five features they would like to see included in the app. The top feature chosen was academics, which encompasses the student center, university email, Blackboard, Canvas, library room reservations and more.

The other four features included some health services, emergency services, a campus event calendar and customizable notifications. Some 185 of the 200 students said they would be likely to download the app if those features were available.

ASI vice president Elias Karam helped push for these updates alongside the ASI team.

“We’re hoping that by next academic year, we’ll have not only a good-looking Fresno State app, but a way more functional Fresno State app,” Karam said.

Karam said he encourages the newly elected ASI representatives to continue to push for updates to Fresno State’s software.

IT business partner for technical services Filomena Fagundes said the team is beginning the second phase in the redesign of the mobile app.

“Additional changes to the app will be done in consultation with the campus community in the same way we did with the current changes,” Fagundes said.

Technology services is also working on an update for my.fresnostate.edu that aims to make the website easier to navigate for students.

“Once this project is completed, a notification will be sent to the campus community listing the changes,” Fagundes said.