Courtesy Natasha Milanez

Vintage Release Party showcases Fresno State’s new wines

Fresno State’s Winery will be kicking off Vintage Days with a Vintage Release Party, exhibiting 10 new wines for tasting from 5 to 7 p.m., Thursday, April 25.

The celebration will include live music from solo artists Saúl Ramirez and Jamie Adeline. They will be performing original songs with acoustic guitar and vocals. Visitors can also get food from Jack’s Urban Eats, Gibson Farm Market as well as the Fresno State campus meat lab and dairy unit.

Fresno State assistant winemaker Javier Garcia got his experience working at Toca Madera Winery before getting the position at Fresno State Winery. Garcia said his passion for winemaking started when he was working in the vineyards before entering college.

“I didn’t know much about the actual process before taking courses here at Fresno State,” Garcia said. “Then one of the professors at the time, Dr. Kenneth Fugelsang, encouraged the students to help and volunteer in the winery, and after that was when I knew I was in the right career.”

The winery also makes a premium wine that will be available to everyone at the tasting. However, only wine club members will be able to purchase the wine. The premium wine at the release party will be a pinot noir.

Guests can register online for $10 and receive a parking code. Otherwise, admission will be $15 at the door.