Courtesy Experimental Theatre Company

Student-run theatre presents latest show “subText” this weekend

Fresno State’s Experimental Theatre Company will present its one-weekend-only show, “subText” written by Tyler Dwiggins and directed by Dylan Mark Murphy, on April 5 through April 7 in the Lab School 101 Theatre at Fresno State.

The student-run theatre company’s three-day production is a series of vignettes detailing the awkwardness of dating in the digital age, from capturing the perfect selfie to making a relationship Facebook official, according to a news release.

The play serves as a reminder that “love is a lot of things, but it is rarely a thing of convenience,” the release said.

“This show displays through a series of different relationships — boyfriend and girlfriend, best friends and even grandma and grandson — just that. It’s a dynamic series of experiences that show just how difficult connecting can be even when we are all digitally connected,” Murphy said in the news release.

On April 5, performances begin at 4 and 8 p.m. On April 6, the performance will begin at 7:30 p.m. And on April 7 at 2 p.m.

General admission tickets are $5 and can be purchased at the University Theatre Box Office, located in the Speech Arts Building or at the door (cash only). Box office hours are noon to 4 p.m. on weekdays.

Parking is free for all shows, except April 5 at 4 p.m. For that performance, parking permits are required and can be purchased at dispensers in parking lots on campus.

Doors open 30 minutes before curtain, and latecomers will not be permitted.

For more information, contact the box office at 559-278-2216.