Freshman Danielle Lung earned her second MW Pitcher of the Week.

Galvan, Lung earn Mountain West honors

The Fresno State softball team continues to be recognized for its hot streak on the diamond, sweeping the Mountain West (MW) Player and Pitcher of the Week awards as junior Hayleigh Galvan and freshman Danielle Lung were announced as recipients of the weekly honor by the conference on Tuesday, according to a Fresno State news release.

This marks Lung’s second time being selected Pitcher of the Week this season, while Galvan earns her first MW honor

The ‘Dogs have had the MW pitcher of the week for the second consecutive week and the fourth time this season, while earning Player of the Week honors for the first time this season.

Galvan has been red hot with the bat, hitting 5-for-10 while adding a home run, four RBIs and scoring two runs, leading the Bulldogs’ offense to a series win against UNLV last weekend.

Her performance was highlighted by a clutch go-ahead 3-run home run in the 7th inning during the series finale, giving the Bulldogs a 5-3 win and ending her week with a .800 slugging percentage and .500 on-base percentage.

On the mound, Lung continued her dominance by not allowing an earned run over 10 innings pitched, while going 2-0 in the UNLV series. When UNLV made contact with Lung’s pitches, all eight of the hits allowed were singles, while holding UNLV to a .211 batting average.

Over her two appearances, Lung limited UNLV to 4-for-26 (.154) hitting when runners were on base. Lung threw six scoreless innings on Saturday during a 4-0 shutout and pitched the last four innings in relief to pick up the win on Sunday, improving to 10-1 this season on 10 consecutive decisions.

Lung joins teammate Hailey Dolcini as a two-time winner, giving the ‘Dogs the conference Pitcher of the Week in four of 10 total weeks this season. No other team has won more than two such honors and their five total Player/Pitcher of the Week awards are second behind Colorado State’s six total awards among the nine conference teams.