Courtesy Fresno State
Courtesy Fresno State

Armenian musicians to perform in International Keyboard Concert Series

The Cadence Ensemble will be performing in the Concert Hall on Friday, April 26, as part of the World Music Series of the Philip Lorenz International Keyboard Concert Series.

Fresno State’s Armenian Studies Program is co-sponsoring Armenian instrumentalists Varazdat Khachumyan, Hakob Jaghatspanyan, Meruzhan Yeganyan, Sofi Mikayelyan and Gurgen Amiryan. The musicians play the violin, guitar, accordion, piano and contrabass, respectively, according to a university news release.

The five instrumentalists started performing in 2004 by promoting music of Astor Piazzolla, an Argentine composer. Soon after, response from the public and the press persuaded Cadence Ensemble to expand its repertoire. Today, this ensemble performs works by Armenian, American, European and Russian composers, the release said.

Cadence Ensemble has performed at the Teatro Colon in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and the Mariinsky Theatre in St. Petersburg.

The show starts at 8 p.m. Parking will be free in Lot P1 on Shaw and Maple avenues.

Tickets for general admission are $25; $18 for seniors; and $5 for students. To reserve tickets, contact the Armenian Studies Program at 559-278-2669 or purchase them online at www.keyboardconcerts.com.