Fresno State drives down field en route to demolishing San Jose St. (Jorge Rodriguez/The Collegian)

Men’s rugby extends unbeaten streak to five

The Fresno State men’s rugby team continued their undefeated streak Saturday by beating the San Jose State University Spartans 64-10 in their last home game of the regular season.

The Bulldogs now move to 5-0 on the season and are at the top of the PacWest conference.

The game took place at the Wawona Middle School field instead of the kinesiology field at Fresno State due to rain.

The Bulldogs were looking to stay at the top the PacWest Conference and get their program-record fifth win in a row.

Head coach Patrick Quan said that his team is undefeated and playing good rugby, and that they know how to win.

The game got started with Fresno State in full control, scoring the first try of the game. However, the game started to get more difficult to play during the first half because of the rain, which caused the field to become muddy.

Even with the less than ideal field conditions, Fresno State continued to control the game, scoring two more times before the end of the first half.

The Spartans were no rival for the Bulldogs, who only allowed one try in the first half.

The Bulldogs continued their dominance in the second half, limiting the Spartans to only 10 points.

“We were more disciplined than we have been in the past, but we missed some good opportunities today,” Quan said. “We took good care of the ball today, and these kids worked hard, and we made some positive strides.”