Justin Timberlake performs in front of a packed Save Mart Center as he brings his Man of the Woods tour to Fresno on Wednesday, March 13, 2019. (Jose Romo Jr./ The Collegian)

Justin Timberlake sells out Save Mart Center for five-star performance

After several months of anticipation following the concert’s postponement in December, fans of Justin Timberlake were treated to a night of some of the performer’s most memorable hits.

The 10-time Grammy Award-winner came to the Save Mart Center on March 13 for his “Man of the Woods” tour.

Filling nearly every seat in the arena, Timberlake performed for more than two hours, sang 22 songs from his entire catalog of music and danced alongside his professional cast the entire concert.

In addition to Timberlake’s excellence as a performer was his cutting-edge light show. The tour did not hold back, giving audience members a spectacle not easily forgotten.

Crowd favorites included “Suit and Tie” during which Timberlake performed an extended solo dance on the center stage with an engaging light show. Following that, he used a grid sampler to mix his song “My Love” before performing it in its entirety.

The “Man of the Woods” tour features a traditional stage that sat at the front of the stadium and a winding catwalk that ran the length of the arena. The catwalk had two stages on each end, and in the center was a round stage.

Timberlake and his dancers utilized the full length of the Save Mart Center, affording attendees in any seat a chance for a close view.

VIP tickets allowed audience members to stand next to the catwalk. Both sides of the round center stage had a bar with bartenders serving drinks.

Timberlake was accompanied by opening acts DJ Freestyle Steve and Francesco Yates.

Steve opened with a 30-minute set of throwback club favorites like “Low” by Flo Rida featuring T-Pain and “Cupid Shuffle” by Cupid. He had the crowd up on its feet and dancing. Steve chose two pairs of lucky “best friends” he pulled from the general admission seats to the VIP area closest to the stage.

Yates is a 23-year-old pop artist from Toronto. He is most known for his vocals on Robin Schulz’s song “Sugar” released in 2015.

Yates was as vibrant as he was quick with his feet, scooting along and dancing as he sang. He covered Bruno Mars’ “Finesse” sang original songs and ended his opening set with “Sugar.”