(Darlene Wendels/The Collegian)

Fresno State students invited to Suit Up 2.0

Fresno State students will be able to purchase professional attire with an additional 40% off selected clothing, have free makeovers done by Sephora and different opportunities to receive gift cards and baskets on Feb. 24 at JCPenney inside the Fashion Fair Mall.

JCPenney will open its doors for Fresno State students only from 6 p.m to 9 p.m. Students who present their student ID will enjoy music, free food and the opportunity to buy professional clothing at an affordable price.

The Clothing Closet has partnered with JCPenney to bring Suit Up back for a second year providing students with an opportunity to buy a variety of styles from dresses, suits and accessories.

Brianna White, a graduate assistant of the Career Development Center, said the department aims to give students access to professional clothing at an affordable price.

JCPenney Optical will also sell $40 glasses to students who bring their Fresno State ID.

Students will be able to enter raffles to win gift cards and baskets with beauty products.

Additionally, headshots will be offered at the event with student discounts.

The Career and Development Center on campus is home to the Clothing Closet, a service where students can obtain professional attire for job interviews and career advice.