Fresno State wide receiver KeeSean Johnson attempting a catch against BYU defensive back Chris Wilcox on Nov. 4, 2017 at Bulldog Stadium. The ‘Dogs won 20-13 and are now bowl eligible (Daniel Avalos/ The Collegian)

Bulldogs trio invited to NFL combine

The National Football League released its list of 2019 combine invitees Wednesday afternoon, and two former Bulldogs made the short list.

Both receiver Keesean Johnson and defensive back Mike Bell will look to improve their draft stock in Indianapolis from Feb. 26-March 4.

Both Johnson and Bell started all 14 games for the Bulldogs during the 2018 season, leading the team to a 12-2 record and a victory over Arizona State in the Las Vegas Bowl.

Bell finished his junior campaign second on the team in tackles (87) with 53 solo and 34 assisted tackles and third in interceptions (3). All were career-highs for the Moreno Valley native.

Bell (6’3”/205 pounds) is being lauded for his impressive 2018 stats and defensive skills, while his size and length will attract teams looking for physicality from their defensive backs.

During his time with the Bulldogs, Johnson produced back-to-back 1,000 yard seasons— finishing his career with the Bulldogs’ all-time record in receiving yards with 3,463 and receptions (273) while scoring 24 touchdowns.

While at the East-West Shrine game earlier this month, Johnson met with numerous NFL teams in Florida, including the Chicago Bears, Los Angeles Rams, Washington Redskins, Denver Broncos and Atlanta Falcons.

Update 2/7:

It looks like Fresno State will add another name to the list of NFL combine invitees on Thursday, as former standout Bulldog linebacker announced via twitter that he received and invite to Indianapolis later this month.

Allison joins teammates Keesean Johnson and Mike Bell as the only Bulldogs invited to this year’s combine.

In the 2018, season Allison was the anchor of an impressive linebacking core, leading the team in tackles by a wide margin with (131), including 71 solo tackles and 60 assisted tackles. Allison was also solid in coverage, intercepting 2 passes in 2018.

Allison also lead the team in tackles in 2017, and finished his Bulldog career in the top-10 for career tackles with (278).