Graphic provided by ASI

ASI Discusses Homecoming Funds, Senator Positions

Associated Students Inc. (ASI) senators gave $30,000 to the Homecoming Committee and agreed to allow a vote on the Senator of Sustainability position on Wednesday, Feb. 13.

The Homecoming Committee asked ASI senators to consider putting aside $30,000 in reserve funds for the purpose of improving homecoming. One specific improvement was the potential hiring of higher-tier performers for the homecoming concert, one such suggestion was Post Malone.

Amendments were brought forward to change the amount to $20,000 or $40,000, respectively, but both were rejected, and the original $30,000 memorandum of understanding was eventually approved.

The decision on whether or not the proposed Senator of Sustainability position would be put up to popular vote next voting season was also brought forward.

The decision to allow the student body to vote to accept the position was passed with a 10-5 vote.

It was also decided to put off the similar Graduate Affairs position that was discussed in the previous meeting until the Graduate School officially comes into effect.

A three-year $10,000 grant was also decided for Vintage Days, which, according to senator Bryce Johnson, means clubs will have to spend less money out of pocket.