The Collegian archive

Eight things to do this Valentine’s Day

Looking for some Valentine’s Day things to do?

Here are eight ways to celebrate with a date, friends or yourself.

Shinzen Japanese Gardens in Woodward Park is nothing but serene, surrounded with greenery and blossoms that are starting to show. Take a nice stroll through the gardens with your date or friend. Admission for adults (15 years or older) is $5, but students get in for $1. The gardens are open Wednesday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

The Tasting Room in northwest Fresno is a great way to socialize with others, accompanied by cheese, wine and crackers. The wine bar isn’t just about food and wine. It also offers paint nights. They describe it as “the perfect venue for a date night.”

This Valentine’s Day, it will have specials for couples and singles. For couples, enjoy a chocolate fondue with choice of glass of wine or champagne, priced at $20 per person. As for those with a party of one, order a small cheese board, one tiramisu mousse and one drink for $16. Hey, at least you don’t have to share.

Ruth’s Chris Steak House is offering “A Valentine only we (they) could deliver.” Its Valentine special? Two buttery cold-water lobster tails served with either a sizzling filet or ribeye starting at $49.95. Pair your scrumptious meal with one of its two premium sparkling wines featured for this special occasion. This offer started on Feb. 8 and ends on Feb. 17. Go to its website to make a reservation.

Me-n-Eds heart-shaped pizza is a classic you can’t go wrong with. Grab a heart-shaped pizza for just $13.95 and enjoy it with friends, a date or yourself.

Hooters presents “Shred your ex” on Valentine’s. If you bring in a picture of your ex and shred it, you get 10 free boneless wings but you need to purchase any 10 wings first. Leave the past in the past, and in Hooters trash can.

El Premio Mayor is bringing back its heart-shaped sopes this year. The sopes (corn masa, meat, cheese, and veggies) are in the shape of a heart and placed inside a red heart box. This deal is only offered on Valentine’s Day and is first-come, first-served, so get there quick.

Color Me Mine in Riverpark is having a date night for couples or friends this Thursday from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. On Thursdays it has a two for one where you get two studio fees for the price of one. Their usual studio fees are $10 for adults and $6 for children. The pottery price is not included.

Riverpark in general will have a live DJ on Valentine’s Day from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., along with a flora flower cart from 6 p.m to 8 p.m. Celebrate with live music and buy some flowers for that special someone.