Pop singer Kelly Clarkson performed at the Save Mart Center on Friday, Jan. 25 for her “Meaning of Life” tour across America. (Christina Tran/The Collegian)

Kelly Clarkson tours US after four-year break

A small crowd of fans began lining up at the Save Mart Center entrances around 5:30 p.m. on Jan. 25, as they waited for pop star Kelly Clarkson’s concert to kick off at 7 p.m.

Clarkson’s “Meaning of Life” show featured two opening singers, Brynn Cartelli and Kelsea Ballerini, who have accompanied Clarkson during her tour across the U.S., which began in January and will continue through March.

After a four-year break since her last tour in 2015, Clarkson debuted songs from her new album, “Meaning of Life,” as well as performed throwback songs, like “Stronger,” “Miss Independent” and “Behind These Hazel Eyes.”

One fan who stood close to the stage in the general admission section had the opportunity to catch Clarkson’s attention with a sign that read, “I love you! Sing ‘Sober’ please” on one side and “It’s my birthday” on the other side.

Taking a breather to talk to the crowd, Clarkson gathered all her fans in unison to sing “Happy Birthday” to the ecstatic fan.

As the concert neared an end at around 10:30 p.m., fans stood up, arm in arm and sang together as Clarkson performed her last song of the night, “Since U Been Gone.”