The+Joyal+Administration+Building+at+Fresno+State.+
Seth Casey/The Collegian
The Joyal Administration Building at Fresno State.

Undergraduates may sign up for additional units for the spring semester

Open registration for the spring semester began on Dec. 10, and Fresno State has just raised the enrollment unit limitation for undergraduates from 16 units to 18, 19 or 22, depending on the individual’s current overall GPA.

Students with a GPA lower than 2.50 will be allowed to register for up to 18 units. Students with a GPA between 2.50 and 2.99 may register for up to 19 units, and those with GPAs 3.00 and greater may sign up for a maximum 22 units, according to a memo from the Office of the Registrar.

For those who would like to enroll in more units than their GPA would permit, an Excess Unit petition form must be approved by the department of the student’s major and submitted to the University Registrar Service windows in the North Lobby of the Joyal Administration Building.

Students can verify the number of units they may register for in the Enrollment Dates section of the Student Center website.

The payment deadline for all additional units added will be Thursday, Feb. 14. The final day to withdraw from registered courses and receive a complete refund of payment is Jan. 16.