Members of the Veterans Service Office at Fresno State participate in Red Friday on Nov. 2. (Jorge Rodriguez/The Collegian)

Veterans week events happening at Fresno State

This November is Veterans month, and Fresno State Veterans Services is gearing up to commemorate Veterans Day with several events. The events, which are sponsored by Student Affairs and Enrollment Management Office, will take place from Nov. 2 through Nov. 17 around campus.

Thursday, Nov. 8

Veterans Day Ceremony, from 10 – 11:30 a.m. at the Fresno State’s Veterans Memorial next to Thomas Administration building.

Thursday, Nov. 8 to Tuesday, Nov. 13

“Remembering Our Fallen Heroes” traveling exhibit, during library office hours at the Library Ellipse Gallery, second floor.

Monday, Nov. 12

Veterans Day Parade, starts at 11:11 a.m. in downtown Fresno, Fresno Street and Van Ness Avenue.

Thursday, Nov. 15

Bowling and Billiards for Veterans, from 2 to 4:30 p.m. at the Bulldog Bowl.

Saturday, Nov. 17

Veterans Football Tailgate, begins at 4 p.m. on the ASI Red Lot 58, Bulldog Stadium.

Veterans Tribute Football Game, begins at 7 p.m. at Bulldog Stadium.

The Veteran Services coordinator Robyn Gutierrez mention that everyone in the community is encourage to attend all of the events. Also, Gutierrez would like everyone visit the the Veterans Service office, which is located in the McLane Hall Annex 20-24, and get to know veteran students.

“We have over 300 veteran students here at Fresno State who have served our country and this type of event is just a way to show that we support them,” Gutierrez said.

For assistance or special accommodation for any events, contact Veterans Services at 559-279-6030 and for more information, visit www.fresnostate.edu/veterans.