Fresno State music majors have been working weeks to put on the 10th anniversary recital

Fresno State celebrate’s opera’s 10th anniversary with recitals

Fresno State Opera Theatre is celebrating their 10th anniversary with a recital entitled “Our Favorite Scenes.”

Anthony P. Radford, a professor of voice and opera and coordinator for the voice performance major at Fresno State, is the director of the university’s Opera Theatre.­Radford is also the director of the recital along with Ashley Trembley, assistant director.

Trembley is a classically-trained singer who is currently working on her masters in vocal performance at Fresno State under the direction of Dr. Maria Briggs. She has a B.A. in music education with an emphasis in vocal and choral studies and also has a minor in theater arts.

The cast in the recital includes: Jocelyn Boe, Christian Cabral, Adam Cooke, Emma DenBesten, Chase Fernandez, Amber Gash, Jimmy Sandborn, Matthew Scott, Christopher Rodriguez, Denise Rogers-Heydt, Ashley Trembley, Alaeyah Wilson and Yuxi Liu.

All will be performing opera and musical theater section from “Edges” by Pasek and Paul, “Summer and Smoke” by Lee Hoiby, “Cosí fan tutti” by Mozart, “Susannah” by Carlisle Floyd, “Die Zauberflöte” by Mozart, “Candide” by Leonard Bernstein and a world premiering scene from Dr. Kenneth Froelich’s opera “The State of Jefferson”

The performance will take place in the Wahlberg recital hall on Friday, Nov. 9 at 7 p.m., and on Sunday, Nov. 11 at 3 p.m.

General tickets are $15, faculty tickets are $10, and $8 for students.