Fresno State alum raises money for veterans through his business

Sweat, blood, and no tears — instead, $1,100 dollars were part of a one-year anniversary celebration on Veteran’s Day weekend.

Vincent Houle, a former Fresno State alum and owner of Level 7 Fitness gym in Clovis, commemorated his one year anniversary by hosting a blood drive and fitness fundraiser called, “Give Back Blood and Sweat” on Nov. 10.

Twenty-two people registered and gave blood to the Central California Blood Center, and overall $1,100 were raised to benefit the Central Valley Veterans Organization, according to a news release.

“I wanted to give back to the community that has given so much to me,” said Houle in a news release. “What better way to do that than a blood drive and helping local veterans on Veterans Day weekend.”

After he struggled with weight problems and self-doubt as a youth, Houle became a certified personal trainer from National Strength and Conditioning Association and opened his own gym after graduating from Fresno State with a Kinesiology major.

He hopes to uplift others mentally and physically through his story. For more information on Level 7 Fitness, visit www.levelsevenfitness.com.