Fresno State recruit Jalen Cropper announces his decision to commit to playing for the Bulldogs in his hometown of Parlier. (Photo/247 Sports)

Bulldogs football lands big name receiving recruit

Fresno State football made a big splash on Sunday when it landed four-star recruit Jalen Cropper to play for the Bulldogs.

According to a report by 247 Sports, Cropper announced his decision in front of friends, family and media in Parlier.

Cropper is the highest rated recruit that Fresno State head coach Jeff Tedford and his staff have gotten to commit since Tedford arrived in 2017.

After transferring from Sanger High for his senior season, Cropper led the Buchanan High Bears in receiving in 2018 with 565 yards and seven touchdowns as the team made its way to the Central Section Division I high school playoffs semifinals.

“It means a lot, just where I came from growing up in a small town,” Cropper said, according to the report. “Small towns mean big support. There’s a lot of support that’s great and I can’t wait for it to come out to Bulldog Stadium on Saturday.”

Cropper chose the Bulldogs despite receiving offers to play for Arizona, Boise State, Nebraska, California, Nevada, Louisville, Oregon State, Oregon and Utah.

“I think the deciding factor is being able to stay home and my family able to come out to every game and supporting me throughout all the seasons,” Cropper said, according to 247 Sports.

Cropper is ranked as the nation’s 14th ranked two-way athlete. He has been recruited to play receiver.

“It’s going to be something special. It means a lot to me, the past Bulldogs that have come through here and gone to the NFL,” Cropper said, according to 247 Sports’ report. I just have to do what I have to do to get to the next level.”