Marcus McMaryion celebrates a touchdown during the Bulldogs 49-27 win at home against Toledo. Sept. 29, 2018. Photo: Jose Romo/ The Collelgian

McMaryion, Walker named Mountain West Players of the Week

Fresno State quarterback Marcus McMaryion and defensive end Mykal Walker have been named Mountain West Offensive and Defensive Players of the Week after the Bulldogs defeated the University of Toledo, 49-27 on Saturday, according to a Monday news release from the conference.

McMaryion went 24-31, passing for 368 yards, a career high, and four touchdowns while rushing for another. The four passing touchdowns ties a career high.

McMaryion, according to the release, is the first Bulldog to account for five touchdowns in consecutive weeks since quarterback Derek Carr did it in 2013. He rushed for four touchdowns and threw for another in the team’s 38-14

win at UCLA on Sept. 15.

Walker recorded four tackles against Toledo, including a sack and 2.5 tackles for loss. He also collected his first career interception, which he returned 38 yards for a touchdown.

Fresno State heads to Reno, Nevada for their next game on Oct. 6 to open up Mountain Conference play.