The Kaiser Permanente logo. (Wikimedia Commons)

Low income and no health insurance? Kaiser has you covered

Uninsured and low-income young adults in Fresno, Madera and Kings County can now apply for health care coverage through Kaiser Permanente’s Community Health Care Program, according to a news release from the health insurance and care provider.

The program extends coverage to qualifying residents at no cost and is available to adults under the age of 26 who live in a household with an income of no more than three times the federal poverty level, which is up to $36,420 for a single person and up to $75,300 for a family of four in 2018.

The coverage comes with no monthly premium, the release said, and U.S. citizenship is not necessary to become eligible for the program. Additionally, to be eligible, residents must not also have access to other coverage such as Medi-Cal or other job-based health care coverage.

“We saw the need for this coverage and wanted to continue offering it to young adult residents who don’t have other options,” Kaiser Permanente Fresno Senior Vice President and Area Manager Wade Nogy said.

Coverage includes preventive care, medication and vision services.

Enrollment in the Community Health Care Program runs from Oct. 15 to Jan. 15, 2019.

For information on eligibility and enrolling in the Community Health Care­Program, contact Kaiser Permanente at 1-800-495-6894 and follow the prompts to speak to a­Kaiser Permanente representative or visit kp.org/chcp or kp.org/chcp/es (Spanish).