Healthy Bulldogs: Are you a student at Fresno State? You’re invited to this event

“I totally regret taking care of my mind, body and spirit …. Said no-one ever.” — Unknown

This year, a record number of 25,200 students are enrolled at Fresno State. They will study for classes, attend tutoring sessions and take endless notes. Some will also participate in joining clubs and organizations, hanging out in the library and may perhaps cheer for the Bulldogs by attending a sporting event.

But as they spend countless hours filling their minds with knowledge, earning units towards their degrees, and participating in co-curricular activities, it is imperative they take care of their health and well-being.

Just as one visits the library to study, students are encouraged to visit the Student Health and Counseling Center to take advantage of the available services, making their health a priority.

The Student Health and Counseling Center offers medical, counseling and wellness services to all currently enrolled Fresno State students.

Our mission is to promote the academic and personal success of students by encouraging the maintenance of healthy lifestyles and to provide affordable and accessible health and psychological care.

Our team of medical providers, clinical counselors and wellness promoters offer a variety of services. What better way is there to learn about those services than by attending our open house?

On Wednesday, Oct. 3, the Student Health and Counseling Center will be open from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. All students are welcome to come explore the building, meet the staff and pick up lots of free swag!

The 25,000 square foot facility just finished a major renovation, complete with a remodeled lobby, pharmacy, and a host of other amenities throughout the building.

In the words of Buddha, “To keep the body in good health is a duty … Otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.”

Healthy Bulldogs is written by the staff of the Student Health and Counseling Center to encourage Fresno State students to build and maintain a healthy lifestyle.