Tribune News Service

ASI At A Glance: Learn how to run effective meetings

Avoid wasting time on bad meetings!

Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) will host “Running Effective Meetings” from 3 to 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 17, in the University Student Union Room 309.

Learn how to effectively run and participate in meetings, including how to start them with a purpose and end with a plan of action.

This training will touch on the basics of parliamentary procedure, and each participant will receive a Roberts Rules Of Order In Brief book.

Also, the campus community is invited to attend the October plenary meeting of the Cal State Student Association (CSSA) on Saturday, Oct. 20, and Sunday, Oct. 21, in the Henry Madden Library.

Plenary meetings consist of an assembly of student leaders from each of the 23 CSU campuses’ ASIs.

They meet monthly to discuss higher education issues and strategize solutions to improve the lives of CSU students. These student leaders also make up the CSSA board of directors.

Members of the public are welcome to speak during public comment time. To view the agenda, you may visit calstatestudents.org/october2018plenary/#1018agenda.