Booths for clubs and Greek Life line the Fresno State walkway outside the USU on Sept. 28. (Marilyn Castaneda/The Collegian)

These are five new clubs you can join at Fresno State

Looking to join a new club on campus? Perhaps starting your own?

Five new clubs have recently been started at Fresno State.

Apps and games providing an immersive experience

The Immersive Future club is made up of students with different majors and talents who hope to explore new immersive technologies to create and market products that the community can benefit from.

Connecting students to mental health resources

Active Minds is an organization that hopes to encourage students to openly speak about mental health to reduce stigma, seek help and prevent suicides. ­

Pursuing a career as a clinical laboratory scientist?

Pre-Clinical Laboratory Scientist club informs pre-medical professionals about taking the right steps toward their careers as well as using available resources and networking.

Interested in performing opera?

The Opera Club at Fresno State invites students who have an interest in the art form to perform opera for the public and attend events in the Central Valley, San Francisco and Los Angeles. ­

More opportunities for music education

The National Association for Music Education is the the only association to address all aspects of music education, providing resources, hosting professional development events and offering different opportunities for students, teachers and administrators. ­

“People can go onto orgsync and browse different clubs to see to what they’re about. They can also request more information,” said Kristopher Greene, assistant coordinator for clubs and organizations and major campus events.

Each year, clubs renew the process for being recognized by the university. Renewals are open from mid-July till the end of September. Clubs that weren’t recognized last year have the opportunity to apply again. New clubs can start up at any time throughout the academic year, according to Greene.

“A lot of students don’t utilize orgsync,” said Ramiro Merino, graduate assistant for clubs and organizations and major campus events. “Students set up their account and then have access to all these organizations. A lot of students don’t know about this, and it’s available for them, so we’re trying to promote it more.”

Student assistants help new clubs in developing their constitutions as well as connecting students to current clubs.

“For the people that want a more in-person experience, they can connect with campus involvement ambassadors, and they will help pair and matchmake people’s interests to clubs based on what those clubs have submitted,” said Greene.