Fresno+State+football+ranked+No.+7+in+the+NCAA+Football+attendance+report+for+2017.+The+team+increased+from+a+little+over+25%2C000+fans+to+30%2C362+fans+this+season.+%28Fresno+State+Athletics%29+
Fresno State football ranked No. 7 in the NCAA Football attendance report for 2017. The team increased from a little over 25,000 fans to 30,362 fans this season. (Fresno State Athletics)

Nominate your teacher to be honored at the Bulldogs’ football game

Fresno State Athletics has partnered with the College Football Playoff Foundation to participate in the Extra Yard for Teachers program, which will honor local teachers at the Bulldogs’ football game on Sept. 29, according to a Thursday press release.

Bulldogs fans have an opportunity to nominate their favorite elementary or secondary school teachers who have made a positive impact in the local community.

The program will award teachers from five different classrooms a grand prize of $500 in gift cards for school supplies, a Bulldog prize package and 100 tickets to the Sept. 29 game against the University of Toledo for their students and family members, the release stated.

The winning teachers will also be honored on the field at Bulldog Stadium in front of the Bulldog fans and community.

Ten runners-up will receive $125 in gift cards for school supplies, a Bulldog prize package and 10 tickets to the game.

The release said nominations must be submitted by Monday, Sept. 17. Winners will be selected by a random drawing. However, the more nominations a teacher receives, the greater his or her chances of winning.

The release also stated the Bulldogs football team will wear “Extra Yard” stickers on its helmets during the game as a thanks to all the teachers making a difference in the community.

Winners will be announced on the Fresno State Athletics’ Facebook page on Sept. 21.

To nominate a favorite teacher, visit gobulldogs.com or click here.

According to the press release, the College Football Playoff Foundation is dedicated to supporting education nationwide. The Extra Yard for Teachers program is the foundation’s primary cause platform and is engaged in honoring and empowering teachers.