Junior+Sarah+Bloise+attempts+to+score+against+St.+Bonaventure+on+Feb.+27%2C+2018+at+Fresno+State%E2%80%99s+Soccer+%26+Lacrosse+Stadium.+The+Bulldogs+won%2C+19-7.+%28Alejandro+Soto%2F+The+Collegian%29.+
Junior Sarah Bloise attempts to score against St. Bonaventure on Feb. 27, 2018 at Fresno State’s Soccer & Lacrosse Stadium. The Bulldogs won, 19-7. (Alejandro Soto/ The Collegian).

Report: Lacrosse program, coach under investigation after complaints

Fresno State is expecting a report from an outside investigation firm about complaints received by the school’s athletic department against the lacrosse program and coach.

The Fresno Bee reports that the complaints allege poor treatment of players, possibly even NCAA violations as well as program mismanagement. The complaint reportedly names team coach Jessica Giglio.

The Collegian has not yet independently verified the allegations, but has confirmed the investigation is ongoing and that the investigation stems from information Fresno State Athletics got at the end of the 2018 season.

“After an internal athletic review, the firm of Bond, Schoeneck & King was retained by the California State University Office of General Counsel to begin the process of an external review of the program,” the department of athletics said in a statement. “That review is ongoing and Fresno State Athletics will have no further comment until the completion of the review.”

Coach Giglio declined to comment on the allegations.

The lacrosse team ended their 2018 season with a loss in the Mountain Pacific Sports Federations semifinals in April.