Luis Sinco
Fresno State tight end Kyle Riddering, right, is congratulated by teammates after scoring on a 10-yard touchdown catch against UCLA in the first quarter on Saturday, Sept. 15, 2018, at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif. (Luis Sinco/Los Angeles Times/TNS)

Bulldogs go on road, dominate Bruins in every fashion

It was quite the night for Fresno State Bulldogs quarterback Marcus McMaryion on Saturday in his team’s 38-14 dominant victory over the UCLA Bruins.

McMaryion was the sharpest and most accurate from the pocket that he has been since the ‘Dogs week 1 victory over Idaho at Bulldog Stadium.

The senior signal caller completed 22 of 33 passes for 270 yards and a touchdown, but it was what he did with his legs that made the difference offensively.

McMaryion found paydirt four times in the ball game, even though he only averaged 1.8 yards per rush. He made every single yard count.

But the story would be incomplete without mentioning the phenomenal effort of the Bulldogs’ defense.

Linebacker Jeff Allison, who leads the team in tackles, decided he would pitch in on the turnover battle, intercepting two of UCLA quarterback Dorian Thompson-Robinson’s passes, each one putting a screeching halt to promising UCLA drives.

Senior wideout Keesean Johnson put in work with eight receptions for 85 yards, including a grown-man, hard-nosed catch on the sideline in the third quarter.

The Bulldogs are now 2-1 on the season and are looking at a bye week before they face the University of Toledo on Sept. 29 at Bulldog Stadium.

Toledo has a 1-1 record after being defeated handley by the University of Miami Hurricanes, 49-24, on Saturday afternoon.