Fresno State Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology announced on Twitter that professor Marilyn Mikow died on July 15. (Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology – Twitter)

Child and Family Science professor dies; celebration of life planned

A celebration of life is planned for a longtime Fresno State professor who died in July.

The gathering for Child and Family Science instructor Marilyn Mikow will be held at 10 a.m. on Aug. 4 at NorthPointe Community Church, 4625 W. Palo Alto Ave., in northwest Fresno. The college announced the news on Twitter.

Mikow, 70, died July 15. She was preceded in death by her husband Paul two years ago. Mikow’s cause of death was not made public.

Mikow taught at Fresno State for many years and was a popular and well-liked instructor. She taught family science and child development classes. In the 1980s, she was director of the child development program at Fresno City College.

A website has been set up for people to share their memories of her. The family asks that people consider a donation to Hume Lake (https://hume.org/give/) or Joni and Friends.