Fresno State students Jose Camacho (left) and Mauricio Cruz (right) gives a demonstration of the project, Object Tracker and Path Projection during the 10th annual Projects Day in the Satellite Student Union on May 9, 2017. The objective of the project is to track an object and indicate its path with the use of a camera, visual studio and OpenCV. For this project, students tracked a ping-pong ball and used LED lights to illuminate its path. (Khone Saysamongdy/The Collegian)

100 engineering projects to take center stage, including Victor E stage

Victor E. Bulldog III’s stage, along with 100 other engineering and construction management projects, will be on display Tuesday afternoon at the Satellite Student Union.

The 11th annual “Projects Day” will showcase the work of civil, computer, electrical, geomatic and mechanical engineering students, as well as construction management students.

The projects include “structural designs, 3D printing concepts and solutions to a variety of communications, signal processing, agriculture, automation, energy and transportation topics,” according to a university press release.

A group of students who won the right to design Victor E. Bulldog’s stage in December will also showcase their project.

The team was composed of industrial technology student Garry Gong; media, communications and journalism student Thomas Bayhi; computer engineering student Rogelio Romero; and mechanical engineering students Arnold Park and Johnny Armanino. The team was one of five finalists in the competition.

“This event showcases student innovation and design” said Dr. Ram Nunna, dean of the Lyles College of Engineering. “Many students work for almost a year to develop these projects while attending school, completing classwork, extracurricular activities and, for some, while working full-time jobs and managing a family.”

The projects will be on display from 2 to 6 p.m.

Nunna and Provost Dr. Lynnette Zelezny will deliver opening statements at 2:30 p.m. Their statements will be followed by the announcement of the dean’s medalists for the college and the revealing of the Victor E. Bulldog III stage design.

The event is free and open to the public.