Former Fresno State libero Maggie Eppright is returning to Fresno State volleyball as an assistant coach. (Fresno State Athletics)

Maggie Eppright returning to Fresno State volleyball

Former Fresno State libero Maggie Eppright is returning to Fresno State volleyball as an assistant coach.

Eppright’s hiring completed head coach Jonathan Winder’s coaching staff for next season. After graduating from Fresno State in 2016, she served as a volunteer assistant coach at Cal Poly San Luis Obsipo.

Eppright also spent time as the head coach of the 14-and-under and 17-and-under 805 Elite Volleyball Club. She always dreamed of coming back to her alma mater, though, according to a university press release.

“Getting to join the Bulldog staff and help rebuild this program is extremely exciting for me,” Eppright said. “Since the day I left I’ve always missed being able to be around Bulldogs and getting to call this place home.”

Eppright’s playing career saw her reach a number of milestones and leave her name all over Fresno State’s record books. She holds the program record for career digs per set (3.90) and is second in program history in career digs (1,788). She also played in the third most sets in program history (459).

Eppright also found success in the classroom, earning a 3.93 cumulative GPA and four Academic All-Mountain West honors. She was also the Mountain West nominee for the 2017 NCAA Woman of the Year.