Photo courtesy of the Fresno City Government

City of Fresno declares April 5 as ‘Blake Zante Day’

The City of Fresno declared April 5, 2018 as Blake Zante Day, in honor of Fresno State Associated Students, Inc. President Blake Zante.

In a statement to The Collegian, Councilmember Paul Caprioglio said, “Blake Zante has been a strong voice and a dependable advocate for students.” Caprioglio represents Fresno’s District 4, which includes Fresno State.

Caprioglio said he wanted to acknowledge Zante’s “hard work” as his role as president as he finishes his term this semester. He added that Zante has worked with the City of Fresno on various projects.

“Blake has been the students’ voice, carrying their concerns to [Fresno] City Hall and ensuring that we are working together for their benefit,” Caprioglio said.

Zante told The Collegian that the announcement was unexpected, but was humbled to receive the honor.

“I don’t deserve all of the credit for the things that ASI has done this year,” Zante said. “Many individual senators, executives, and staff members in ASI have all spearheaded projects across campus and they deserve the credit, too.”