The Armenian Dance Studio of Fresno performs during the Armenian Genocide Commemoration at Fresno State Monday night, on April 24, 2017. (Khone Saysamongdy/ The Collegian)

Armenian lecture will detail life during the Turkish-French War

The Armenian studies program spring lecture series will continue Friday with a visit from author Dr. Ãœmit Kurt.

Kurt will provide a presentation titled “A Farewell to Arms: Broken Hopes and Total Departure from the Homeland, in The Heroic Battle of Aintab.”

The lecture will detail the Turkish-French War from 1920 to 1921. Attendees will learn how Armenians struggled and survived the war as documented in the book “The Heroic Battle of Aintab,” by Kevork Baboian.

Kurt will recount his English translation of Baboian’s book and its significance based on eyewitness accounts of people living in the city of Aintab during wartime.

The lecture will begin at 7:30 p.m., at the University Business Center in the Alice Peters Auditorium. It is open to the public, and free parking is available in lots P5 and P6.

For more information, contact the Armenian Studies Program at (559) 278-2669 or visit their website, www.fresnostate.edu/armenianstudies.