Four people were arrested Tuesday, March 6, 2018, at the University Inn across from the Fresno State campus. Police said weapons and narcotics were found. (Bineet Kaur/The Collegian)

Four people arrested near Fresno State on weapons, narcotics charges

Four people were arrested at University Inn across Fresno State on Tuesday after police found a concealed firearm and possible narcotic sales activity.

Fresno police Sgt. James Rossetti, of the department’s Multi-Agency Gang Enforcement Consortium (MAGEC) tactical team, said the arrests came as a result of increased patrol of the area after two men were arrested last week in connection to an officer involved shooting last Tuesday, also at University Inn.

“Based on that, we have done extra patrols, and on today’s date, we made contact with people loitering inside of a vehicle,” Rossetti said.

Police arrived at the scene at about 1:40 p.m. and arrested Johnathan Noisey, who is believed to be in a gang, for possession of a concealed firearm, Rossetti said. Alleged Bulldog gang members Robert Thomas and Ashley Goodwin were also arrested for violation of probation.

Jennifer Foster was arrested for using a handicap placard that belonged to a dead person as well as for a possible narcotic sale discovered upon searching the vehicle.

Rossetti said the arrests are not connected to last week’s shootings nor do they appear to involve anyone from Fresno State — “other than [the suspect] wearing a Bulldog tattoo,” Rossetti said.

Bineet Kaur also contributed to this article.