Panelists will discuss #MeToo campaign in first ethics lecture

The spring Leon S. Peters Ethics Lecture Series will begin with a discussion on sexual harassment.

“The Me Too Moment: Sexual Harassment & Professional Life” discussion will be held at the Alice Peters Auditorium in the University Business Center on Feb. 13 at 6 p.m.

The “#MeToo” campaign has trended on social media and gave voices to sexual harassment victims and raised awareness. The lecture will discuss, and reflect, on the challenges for sexual assault victims in professional environments.

The lecture will feature a panel of Fresno State faculty, including: Faith Sidlow and Dr. Kelley McCoy of the media, communications and journalism department; Ruth Griffin from the theatre arts and dance department; Dr. Lisa Bryant from the political science department; and Brett Sutton, an attorney with Sutton Hague Law Corporation.

The event will be moderated by Dr. Kathryn Forbes from the women’s studies department.

Other lectures in the spring series will include:

• “Bonner Center Character Education Conference” on March 9.

• “Catharyn Baird: An Ethical Nudge: Using Behavioral Ethics to Navigate Change” on March 20 at 6 p.m.

• “Douglas Allen: Gandhi, Nonviolence and Peace” on April 4 at 6 p.m.

• “Mohammad Pournik, Moral Dilemmas of a Development Worker” on April 10 at 6 p.m.

• “Peter K.J. Park: The Exclusion of Africa and Asia from the History of Philosophy” on May 3 at 6 p.m.

• “A Celebration of Ethical Leadership” on May 9 at 11:30 a.m.