Dr.+Lamas%2C+Vice+President+for+Student+Affairs+and+Enrollment+Management++
Dr. Lamas, Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management

Lamas to be honored by national organization

Dr. Frank Lamas, vice president of student affairs and enrollment management, was selected as the recipient of the 2018 Fred Turner Award for Outstanding Service to Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education (NASPA).

The award recognizes a NASPA member of at least 10 years who has made a positive impact on his or her respective campus, according to a university news release issued Tuesday.

Lamas has served two campuses in the time required to earn the award. Before he began at Fresno State in 2014, he had spent 10 years at the University of Texas at Arlington as vice president of student affairs and dean of students.

Lamas’ contributions to Fresno State, according to the news release, include helping to launch the Clothing Closet, Money Management Center and Dream Success Center; expanding the Cross Cultural and Gender Center; and adding to the food and hygiene pantry in the Student Cupboard.

“It is clear that Dr. Lamas has a passion for not only student success, but also to the field of student affairs,” said Dr. Colin Stewart, Fresno State’s associate dean of Student Involvement and one of the nominators for the award.

Lamas will be presented the award at the NASPA annual conference in Philadelphia on March 3.