graduation 2024

Former Fresno State star athletes Paul George (left) and Derek Carr (right) greet each other during a Golden State Warriors vs Indiana Pacers game at the Oracle Arena in Oakland, California, on Monday, Dec. 5, 2016. (Courtesy of Fresno State Athletics)

Derek Carr is “DC4Hoops”

Former Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr introduced “DC4Hoops” Wednesday night and with that $4 tickets and free parking to all fans who want to attend the men’s basketball game on Feb. 24.

“You guys filled up Bulldog Stadium earlier this year for my jersey retirement and it was great having [former Fresno State basketball player] Paul George there as well. So we want to do the same thing for the basketball team and Coach Terry,” Carr said.

It will not only be “DC4Hoops Night”, but senior night for the ‘Dogs. Fresno State will be honoring Ray Bowles Jr., Terrell Carter II, Jaron Hopkins and Jahmel Taylor alongside their families at center court right before tip-off.

“Our guys have been working hard to represent the Valley as we compete in a challenging Mountain West Conference,” said head coach Rodney Terry. “Every night we have to compete at  very high level. The support of the Red Wave means a lot to our program.

The ‘Dogs will take on Wyoming at the Save Mart Center at 7 p.m. before hitting the road to face-off against Air Force and New Mexico to end the regular season.

“Hope to see you guys there. Red Wave come on out. Bulldog born, Bulldog bred,” Carr tagged.