Sir Elton John will make a stop in Fresno on Jan. 15, 2019 as part of his ‘Farewell Yellow Brick Road’ tour. (David LaChapelle)

Sir Elton John announces 2019 Save Mart Center date for his farewell tour

Sir Elton John announced in a New York press event Wednesday morning that he will be retiring from touring — in three years.

The 70-year-old British singer announced that his next world tour, the “Farewell Yellow Brick Road” tour which begins in September, will be his last.

The tour spans 300 dates and will end in 2021. And one of those dates is set for Fresno on Jan. 15, 2019 at the Save Mart Center.

The tour announcement came via a livestream moderated by CNN’s Anderson Cooper.

John told Cooper that the priorities in his life have changed. “My priorities now are my children, and my husband, and my family,” he said.

But just because he won’t be touring anymore, John said he is not going to stop making music. His final tour will help him go around the world to “properly” say goodbye to his fans. John said it would “take three years, probably.”

“I don’t want to go out with a whimper … I want to go out with a bang, and say thank you and leave people thinking, ‘God, I saw the last tour and it was fantastic.’”

Tickets for the Fresno date go on sale Feb. 2 at 10 a.m.

Ticket prices are $49.50, $124.50 and $224.50, and can be purchased online at ticketmaster.com, over the phone by calling 1-800-745-3000 or in person at the box office.

For more information, go to savemartcenter.com/events/elton-john.