Photo Courtesy: flickr

My favorite items from Trader Joe’s

I love grocery shopping at Trader Joe’s so much that I might as well consider it a hobby instead of an errand. After all of my visits to the store, I feel qualified to write a list of my favorite items. If something isn’t on this list, I don’t necessarily dislike it. This is simply what I’d consider my personal Trader Joe’s highlights reel. I love most of the products the store sells, if not all of them.

1. Sunflower bouquets: In general, Trader Joe’s has a variety of great flowers. But, sunflowers are my favorite flowers, so I’m a little biased. I think the store has truly beautiful sunflowers. Maybe, one day, I’ll buy them for myself.
  2. Chocolate covered pretzels: One of my favorite moments of adulthood so far has been making the transition from hoping my mom gets me chocolate covered pretzels to being able to get them for myself because now, I grocery shop. There are pretzels covered in milk chocolate and dark chocolate as well as yogurt covered pretzels. I recommend the dark chocolate covered pretzels. The strong taste of dark chocolate works well with the saltiness of pretzels.
  3. Golden caramel swirl in french vanilla and chocolate ice creams: This is a blend of chocolate ice cream, vanilla ice cream, and caramel syrup. It is, more or less, everything I could ever ask for in a dessert.
  4. Simply almonds, cashews and chocolate trek mix: This is a trail mix that has nuts and chocolate, but no raisins. I try my hardest to like raisins, but I just can’t. That’s why I love this product – it gets me.
  5. Dark chocolate filled with Speculoos cookie spread: I would describe this product to someone who has never tried it as a chocolate bar filled with cookie dough. It’s usually near the register and I consider myself accomplished if I don’t buy one. Once, I began eating one during the car ride home.

Honorable mention – chocolate covered potato chips: This item has been discontinued, but I loved them while they were still being sold. Potato chips covered in chocolate might seem absurd, but they were amazing.

When I reviewed my selections, I realized that four of the five items in my top five included chocolate in some way. My honorable mention item includes chocolate, too. I might have a problem.