Collegian File Photo

Know someone 50 years or older who wants the college experience? Here’s their chance

The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) is making it possible for people age 50 or older to get the experience of a college student at Fresno State.

The institute is a program intended for those over the age of 50 to get a taste of higher education without the stress of grades and exams. Those interested and eligible must pay a $40 fee to become a member, according to a university news release.

Membership gives access to 25 short courses, eight field trips, five hands-on experiences and a book club — all sponsored by the Central Valley Community Foundation.

Members will also receive free parking at the university, the news release stated.

The non-credit courses and lectures offered vary and range from philosophy to architecture.

Guest lecturers include Jim Boren who will be reflecting on a 40-plus year career in journalism, former Fresno Bee reporter Donald Munro will give a talk on the Fresno art scene and several Fresno State professors will speak on the art and science of mathematics.

A special lecture will be given by physician Dr. Bill Thomas, a Harvard alum that was named one of America’s top 10 innovators.

The field trips include visits to the World Ag Expo, Fresno Chaffee Zoo and Paso Robles for wine tasting.

For more information on the OLLI courses or to become a member, visit http://www.fresnostate.edu/cge/olli or call 559-278-0008.