Fresno+State+running+back+Jordan+Mims+runs+the+ball+against+UNLV+on+Oct.+28%2C+2017+at+Bulldog+Stadium.+%28Daniel+Avalos%2FThe+Collegian%29+
Fresno State running back Jordan Mims runs the ball against UNLV on Oct. 28, 2017 at Bulldog Stadium. (Daniel Avalos/The Collegian)

Six Mountain West teams going to bowl games

Six teams from the Mountain West conference are going to bowl games. It is the 11th consecutive year the conference has sent at least five teams to postseason games.

Fresno State (9-4) is headed for the Hawaii Bowl against Houston (7-4) from the American Athletic Conference on Dec. 24. The game will be televised on ESPN, and the teams have never played each other before.

Mountain West champion Boise State (10-3) will play Oregon (7-5) from the Pac-12 in the Las Vegas Bowl on Dec. 16. The game will be televised on ABC. This is the Broncos’ 16th year in a row going to a bowl game, sixth-best nationally, and they lead the series 2-0.

Colorado State (7-5) is playing Marshall (7-5) from Conference USA in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl on Dec. 16. The game will be televised on ESPN, and it is the first meeting between the teams.

Wyoming (7-5) will play Central Michigan (8-4) from the Mid-American Conference in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl on Dec. 22. The game will be televised on ESPN, and the series is tied 1-1.

San Diego State (10-2) will play Army (8-3), an independent school, in the Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl on Dec. 23. The game will be televised on ESPN, and the Aztecs lead the series 2-0.

Utah State (6-6) is playing New Mexico State (6-6) from the Sun Belt in the NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl on Dec. 29. The game will be televised on CBS Sports Network, and New Mexico State is playing in its first bowl game since 1960. Utah State leads the series 30-7.