Guard+Ray+Bowles+Jr.+passes+the+ball+against+UC+Santa+Cruz+on+Nov.+10%2C+2017+at+the+Save+Mart+Center.+%28Alejandro+Soto%2FThe+Collegian%29+
Guard Ray Bowles Jr. passes the ball against UC Santa Cruz on Nov. 10, 2017 at the Save Mart Center. (Alejandro Soto/The Collegian)

Hopkins leads ‘Dogs in record-setting road win

The Fresno State men’s basketball team cruised to a record-breaking 106-70 road victory against Long Beach State on Saturday, improving to 6-2.

The 36-point margin of victory is the largest for a road win in program history. The previous record was a 32-point win at UC Davis on Dec. 3, 1981.

Senior guard Jaron Hopkins led the way with 26 points, his second-straight game of over 25 points. Junior guard Deshon Taylor scored 23 points, while senior guard Ray Bowles Jr. led the team with seven rebounds.

The ‘Dogs jumped out to a 21-1 lead and never looked back, leading by 37 at one point in the second half. They made 10-of-20 attempts at 3-point range, and they also shot 20-of-22 from the free-throw line.

Fresno State returns home for a five-game homestand, starting with California State University, Bakersfield on Tuesday at 7 p.m. at the Save Mart Center.