This week in entertainment: author readings, film screenings, dance performances

‘Valentine Road’ screening

The Cross Cultural and Gender Center’s LGBTQ+ programs and services will host a screening of “Valentine Road,” a documentary about Larry King, a gay eighth-grade student who was shot and killed by his classmate. The screening will take place in the Thomas Building Room 110 on Thursday at 1 p.m. Pizza will be served.

Jericho Parms and Lina María Ferreira Cabeza-Vanegas reading

The Normal School literary magazine presents an evening with authors Jericho Parms and Lina María Ferreira Cabeza-Vanegas. The free event will take place in the Alice Peters Auditorium, inside the University Business Center, on Thursday at 7 p.m. Parking will be enforced in recommended lots P5 and P6. Call 559-278-1569 for a free parking code.

University Dance Theatre presents ‘Where We Work It All Out’

Fresno State’s University Dance Theatre (UDT) presents “Where We Work It All Out,” student-created dance performances for the public. The performances take place at the Lab School 101 Theatre, Nov. 16 ”’ 18 at 8 p.m. and Nov. 18 at 2 p.m. Tickets are $5. For more information, contact the box office at 559-278-2216 or [email protected].

Cine Culture to screen ‘Footnotes’

CineCulture presents a screening of “Footnotes (Sur quel pied danser…)” (2016) with a discussion led by co-directors and writers Paul Calori and Kostia Testut on Friday at 5:30 p.m. in the Peters Education Center Auditorium. The film is not rated, runs for 85 minutes and is free and open to the public. Parking is not enforced after 4 p.m. on Fridays.

International Culture Night returns

A cultural fashion show and performance will be featured at the student-run event, International Culture Night, on Sunday. The free event, which has been a Fresno State tradition for over 30 years, will be held at the Satellite Student Union at 5:30 p.m.