Jay-Z performs on his ‘4:44’ Tour at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto on Nov. 22, 2017. The artist has been nominated for eight Grammy awards. (Steve Russell/The Toronto Star/Zuma Press/TNS)

Grammy nominations are in

It’s the most wonderful time of the year for music — nominations for the 60th annual Grammy Awards have been announced.

Leading with the most nominations this year is Jay-Z, with eight: Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year, Best Rap Performance, Best Rap/Sung Performance, Best Rap Song, Best Rap Album, and Best Music Video.

Following with seven nominations is Bruno Mars, Kendrick Lamar with six, and Childish Gambino with five.

This year is the first year in Grammy history that Album of the Year, one of the most prestigious categories, has no white males nominated.

Up for the category are Gambino for “Awaken My Love;” Jay-Z for “4:44;” Lamar for “Damn;” Lorde for “Melodrama;” and Mars for “24K Magic.”

Nominated for Best New Artist are Alessia Cara (who has a total of four nominations), Khalid (two nominations), Lil Uzi Vert (two nominations), Julia Michaels (two nominations) and SZA (five nominations).

SZA leads as the most nominated female of the night with bids in the following categories: Best New Artist, Best Rap/Sung Performance, Best R&B Song, Best Urban Contemporary Album and Best R&B Performance.

But while many are celebrating their favorite artists being up for a Grammy, some have taken to social media to voice opinions about artists they believe have been “snubbed.”

Some artists include rock-band Paramore for its album “After Laughter,” singer Harry Styles for his self-titled debut and singer Demi Lovato, who just managed to release her latest “Tell Me You Love Me” in time to be eligible for this year’s Grammys.

To be eligible for a 2018 Grammy, albums and recordings must have been released between Oct. 1, 2016 and Sept. 30, 2017. Lovato released her album on Sept. 29, but didn’t manage to grab a nomination.

Fresno State Freshman and agriculture education major Fernando Garcia, who said he has been watching the Grammys for three to four years, took to Twitter to say he was “heartbroken” that Lovato didn’t get any nominations.

“I felt like Bruno Mars, Jay Z [and] Childish Gambino shouldn’t have been nominated for Album of the Year,” he said. “I felt like Demi Lovato, along with Sam Smith, should have been nominated instead of those three.”

For others, the Grammys are just not that interesting.

In a comment on a discussion post in the Fresno State Book Trade & Advice Facebook group, post-baccalaureate student Dan Waterhouse said he occasionally tunes in to the Grammys, but is “lukewarm” about it.

“Sometimes nominations seem to be a popularity contest,” he said.

Other notable nominees this year include Ed Sheeran for Best Pop Solo Performance for his song “Shape Of You,” and Best Pop Vocal album for his album “Divide.”

Taylor Swift has two songwriter nominations for Best Country Song (for “Better Man” by Little Big Town) and Best Song Written for Visual Media (for her song with Zayn Malik, “I Don’t Wanna Live Forever”).

With two nominations as well is rapper Logic in the Song of the Year and Best Music Video categories for his song “1-800-273-8255.”

With an impressive three nominations in the Record of the Year, Song of the Year and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance categories is “Despacito” by Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee Featuring Justin Bieber.

The 60th Grammy Awards will air Jan. 28 on CBS.