KFSR Generic (Paul Schlesinger)

ASI votes to sponsor future student webcast

A deal was reached on Oct. 18 after the Associated Students, Inc. Senate voted to fund the production of a future Fresno State student webcast.

KFSR Station Manager Julie Logan, who is the lead faculty member behind the project, expressed her gratitude for ASI’s agreement to fund the webcast, calling it the “perfect partnership.”

She said, “They share the vision for how the webcast can serve all students at Fresno State.”

The vote passed with an objection from Senator of Greek Affairs Travis Childress and an abstention vote by Senator of Athletics and Recreation Casandra Ramirez-Sanchez.

During the ASI meeting, Logan specified that the webcast operations will be located within the existing KFSR studio in the Speech Arts building. But she later clarified that KFSR has no relation with the future webcast aside from the shared space.

Logan said she looks forward to meeting fundraising goals and moving forward with the studio reconstruction, which is an ongoing project.

“We’re one step closer to making this exciting opportunity a reality for Fresno State students,” she said.