Courtesy of University Communications

Alumni association names its 2017 Top Dog, view list of honorees

The Fresno State Alumni Association named alumna Kim Ruiz Beck, who is chairperson of Ruiz Foods, as its 2017 Top Dog. Ruiz belongs to the class of 1988.

Ruiz Beck will be honored with the 2017 Distinguished Alumna award at the sold-out gala on Friday at the Save Mart Center from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m.

The gala will honor 14 alumni and friends of the university, and 12 Outstanding Alumni Awards will be given out to those who show outstanding service to the community and their fields of service.

More than one hundred students will be recognized at the gala and will receive $146,000 in scholarships as part of the $4.1 million in scholarships awarded annually through Fresno State.

The 2017 Top Dog Outstanding Alumni Award honorees are:

• Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology — Lynne Ashbeck (1976, ’77), senior vice president of Community Engagement and Population Wellness for Valley Children’s Healthcare and council member on the Clovis City Council.
  • College of Arts and Humanities — Warren R. Paboojian (1980), partner and attorney at law for Baradat & Paboojian, Inc.
  • Department of Athletics — David Carr, retired NFL quarterback and co-owner of the athletic training facility, Carr Elite.
  • Craig School of Business — Katherine Horstmann Huebert (1984), vice president of employee benefits for Horstmann Financial & Insurance Services, Inc.
  • Kremen School of Education and Human Development — Janet Young, Ed. D. (1977, ‘88), retired Clovis Unified School District Superintendent.
  • Lyles College of Engineering — Mike Leonardo (1981), executive director for the Fresno County Transportation Authority.
  • Division of Research and Graduate Studies — Jamin Brazil (2015) managing partner of Vine Venture Capital.
  • College of Health and Human Services — Nancy Grosz Sager (1977), deaf and hard of hearing programs consultant for the California Department of Education.
  • Henry Madden Library — Paul E. Pierce (1970), founder of the organizational consulting firm Paul E. Pierce Organizational Design and Development.
  • College of Science and Mathematics — Rauden (Rod) Coburn III, DDS (1964), owner and lead dentist in private practice specializing in restorative dentistry.
  • College of Social Sciences — Lee Ann Eager (2002), president and CEO of Fresno County Economic Development Corporation.
  • Division of Student Affairs — Chris Roggenstein (1984), president and CEO of Forward Advantage, Inc. and Physician Network Advantage.

To be put on the waitlist, email Katie Adamo Bewarder at [email protected].