A birthday cake flavored macaroon and an Oreo flavored macaroon from Le Parisien Cafe. (Selina Falcon/The Collegian)

Fresno Foodie: Le Parisien Cafe

What’s the hype?

Le Parisien Cafe is a French style bakery that serves a variety of items that will give you a taste of France right here in the Central Valley.

Le Parisien specializes in its pastries and baked desserts which include macaroons, cinnamon rolls, muffins and cakes, but it also serves breakfast and lunch items including omelets, sandwiches, salads and crepes.

A wide variety of beverages are offered including coffees, lattes, assorted sodas, teas and fresh smoothies.

What’s the cost?

Le Parisien Cafe is on the expensive side as it is pushing authentic made-from-scratch French-style food. The price is really the only downside of the cafe.

I ordered a sandwich combo which included a sandwich of my choice, fries and a soda. The sandwich I chose was “The Ana-Paula,” which is an olive-oil, ham and swiss cheese sandwich.

With tax, the total cost of my meal was $13.53.

After my meal, I decided to order macaroons for myself and my friends. Each macaroon was $2.50.

Where is it?

Le Parisien Cafe has two locations in Fresno.

There is one at 1085 E. Herndon Ave., which is just under 10 minutes away from campus. It is open Tuesday through Saturday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. On Sunday, it is open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., and it is closed on Mondays.

The second location is at 7775 N. Palm Ave. It is open Monday through Saturday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., and on Sunday it is open from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Worth it?

Le Parisien has some of the friendliest and accommodating staff I have ever come across, and my experience there was an enjoyable one.

The cost of the food is what will deter me from going there multiple times a week, simply because it is not very college-student-on-a-budget friendly.

The food itself is great, and I enjoyed my meal, but it is a lot to pay for the amount of food given. “The Ana-Paula” on its own is $9.90, as is every sandwich on the menu, and is quite small when you compare it to chain delis where you could get a much larger sandwich for quite a few dollars less.

Though I loved the macaroons, I will be getting them on only very special occasions because of how much they cost.

Le Parisien makes quality food and desserts, and has a very welcoming environment when you walk in. I say it definitely is worth checking out if you have the money to spend or you just want to treat yourself.