A shredded beef quesadilla with cheddar cheese, tomato and cilantro, with two of Quesadilla Gorilla’s seven homemade salsas on the side. (Selina Falcon/The Collegian)

Fresno Foodie: Quesadilla Gorilla

What’s the hype?

Quesadilla Gorilla is serving gourmet quesadillas to the Central Valley and it is showing no sign of stopping anytime soon.

The restaurant, which opened up its third location in July in downtown Fresno, offers unique combinations of locally sourced, fresh ingredients that take the average quesadilla to the next level.

What’s the cost?

Quesadilla Gorilla’s “Unique Combinations” range from $4 to $8. You can also build your own for $8.

Building your own quesadilla includes one choice of meat, one choice of cheese, two fillings and two sides. I decided to build my own, and with a soda, I paid $9.99.

Where is it?

Quesadilla Gorilla opened in March 2017 near Fresno High School at 608 E. Weldon Ave. It is open Monday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Another location opened soon after in July in downtown Fresno and is located at 744 P. St. It is open Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.

The first location opened in Visalia in October 2013 at 302 W. Main St. It is open Monday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.

There is also a Quesadilla Gorilla food truck. The schedule for the truck can be found on quesadillagorilla.net.

Worth it?

Quesadilla Gorilla is one of Fresno’s newest gems and is well worth your money. The service is great, and you get a filling meal at an affordable price.

Not to mention, there’s something there for just about everyone. The vegetarian option called the Atomic Veggie, or you can order a plain cheese quesadilla. They also offer a peanut butter and jelly quesadilla and a Nutella quesadilla.

Whether it be a simple meat and cheese quesadilla or one stuffed to the brim with fresh ingredients, look no further than Quesadilla Gorilla for all of your quesadilla needs.