Adrian Vino
The Fresno State community watches “Back to the Future “ on Vintage Day night Saturday April 22, 2017. Back to the Future is a 1980s sci-fi film of a small-town California teen Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox), who’s thrown back into the ‘50s by a scientist friend Doc Brown (Christopher Lloyd). (Khone Saysamongdy/ The Collegian)

Students go ‘Back in Time’ with a classic movie

Fresno State’s 43rd annual Vintage Days’, “Cruisin Through the ‘50s,” hosted “Flick Night” on April 22, projecting the 1985 cult classic “Back to the Future” on a giant, inflatable screen.

Approximately 100 attendees were captivated by the time traveling hijinks of Marty McFly and Doc Brown on their mission to save their future selves.

Nancy Xiong, biology major, has seen the movie before, but wanted to watch it again. “I love ‘Back to the Future,’ it’s a classic movie.”

It was the first time Xiong attended an outdoor movie. “It’s a little chilly but it was good —  I had fun.”

Supenpreet Kaur, an electrical engineering graduate student, said she too enjoyed the movie, but liked being outdoors more.

“That’s why we’re here, we are here for the outdoor experience,” she said.

As the movie’s theme song “Back in Time” by Huey Lewis and the News played, Kaur said. “I can watch it again and again, it’s a classic.”

Kaur said she attended the show mainly to get together with friends and enjoy a movie outdoors. “It’s just good hanging out with friends and watching the same movie again and again.”
Hayley Salazar contributed to this story.