Saul Ortiz, Sophomore, Criminology Major “I think [seeing a lot of artists] would be worth it. But not probably, school-wise. When you come back, you’re probably stressing out with the money loss.” (Marina McElwee/ The Collegian)

Humans of Fresno State: Coachella Edition

Many Fresno State students attended the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival April 14-16 and many more may attend the festival’s second weekend, April 20-22. The celebrity-filled event is best known for its amazing headliners and expensive tickets.

This week, The Collegian’s Instagram page, @HumansOfFresnoState, asked students: Are you “Coachella” or “Nochella?” Is the event worth your money?

Saul Ortiz, Sophomore, Criminology Major

“I think [seeing a lot of artists] would be worth it. But not probably, school-wise. When you come back, you’re probably stressing out with the money loss.”

Thomas Wright, Senior, Liberal Studies Major

“It’s a bunch of people drinking and getting high in the desert? Who would want to do that? It’s not really my thing.”

Samantha Gonzalez, Freshman, Nursing

“I think [Coachella] is sometimes overrated, but I think I wouldn’t mind going if there’s good artists. A lot of students complain that they’re broke, but then they go to events like that.”

Jennifer Sanchez, Freshman, Criminology

“I feel like [camping out is] too much, then again it’s adventurous. I think the fashion is great. Everyone is unique with what they wear. They really express themselves.”